Troubles do not come from God. We live in a world subject to the curse of the Law and that’s just the way things are. Like the seasons come and go, and we know that when it is winter, spring is just around the corner; when troubles come, we recognise them for what they are and realise that they will pass. However, when problems beset us, and they will, God has told us what to do to come through them stronger, victorious and with a testimony that if we pray, believe and trust Him He will never let us down.
1. Psalm 18. Remember who you are and remember the Lord. You are a child of God and He loves you. David called out to the Lord in his distress and God heard and answered him.
2. Psalm 46. Never be afraid. There are twenty thousand problems in the world, but one glorious answer. God is present, He is able, and He is willing to help you.
3. Psalm 46. Of course you feel bad. David’s heart was overwhelmed as he was subject to the pressures of the enemy of natural thinking. If disaster arrives at your front door the first thing that deserts you is common sense. Don’t feel bad because you don’t feel good about it. Turn to the Lord.
4. Psalm 46. Take time out and don’t over-react. Do what the Word of God says because that is what faith is. God has not forgotten you. He will not let you down. Be still! The only way God can be exalted is because you are exalted.
5. Psalm 37. This is not the end of your life! God has promised that you will not be utterly cast down.
6. Psalm 37. Things are not as bad as they seem. God is going to help you. He is your strength in time of trouble.
7. Psalm 34. Get God involved in your thinking. Pray and seek the Lord. The Lord is near to them that are broken hearted. The Lord redeems the soul of His servants.
8. Psalm 91. Pray, because God hears and will answer your prayer. He will be with you and will deliver you.
9. Psalm 31. Be courageous and defiant in the face of adversity. Remember that courage and strength are different. Strength in this context is a spiritual process and quality. It is enhanced by praying daily and being in the fellowship. If you are courageous, bold, and defiant, God will give you the strength you need to see you through to a victorious testimony. God says to be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart.
10. Psalm 23. God will take care of the details. God has a plan for your life and has laid out a table of blessing before you.
11. Psalm 103. Remember all the good things God has done. He redeems, buys back, restores and rebuilds. He promised Joel, ‘And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed’ (Joel 2:25).
12. Psalm 92. You are going to be happy again!
(This article originally appeared in the book: Wisdom from the Preaching of the Word of God).
Corona: Wait patiently with your Lord
February 28, 2020
Salvation Through Jesus Christ
March 24, 2017
Is the Good News fake news?
January 05, 2017